On this page you can find resources to get up to speed with the latest Ofgem minded to position on the Targeted Charging Review (TCR). You can also view materials from the stages leading up to this one: the TCR options paper and stakeholder engagement events.
In November 2019 Ofgem published their final decision on the Targeted Charging Review with supporting documents. Here are some resources to help you understand Ofgem’s decision:
- Ofgems decision document
- Supporting analysis, impact assessment and direction to licencees
- Watch the webinar from ESO on TCR modifications to transmission charging or view the slides
- Listen to the webinar led by Ofgem on the Targeted Charging Review Final Decision or view the slides
Plans to deliver TCR
- Joint ESO and DNO Project Initiation Document to deliver TCR
Joint ESO and DNO Project Initiation Document to deliver TCR (updated 14 May 2020)
Minded to decision
On 28 November 2018 Ofgem released its Targeted Charging Review (TCR): Minded to decision and draft impact assessment consultation. You can get up to speed using the following resources:
- the minded to decision consultation from the Ofgem website
- the Lead Secretariat's Podcast outlining the key areas in the consultation
- the TCR Minded to decision webinar that the Lead Secretariat hosted with Ofgem on 11 December 2018
- the slides presented at the Charging Futures Forum by Ofgem on 15 January 2019.
Following the release of the TCR working paper in 2017, Ofgem held stakeholder workshops in November 2017 and April 2018. This allowed industry an opportunity to feed in views on paper and inform the conditions to be used for further analysis. You can view:
TCR options paper
Ofgem published a working paper (Targeted Charging Review: update on approach to reviewing residual charging arrangements) in November 2017. In this paper Ofgem discussed their collected thoughts on how they intend to resolve the current framework for residual charges before outlining their proposed approach and justifications to their decisions.